Tuesday, 7 January 2014

How To Get Rid Of Mold

Everyone hates mold - unless it is for making penicillin out of  it (pencillium chrysogenum mold)
It looks gross and ruins your food and if you breathe the spores in, it can cause terrible diseases. So if mold starts to grow in your house, you have to straight away get rid of it! 
Molds are ubiquitous in nature, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust. However, when spores are present in large quantities, they are a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems.
Some molds also produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. The term "toxic mold" refers to molds that produce mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum, not to all molds. Exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to
neurological problems and in some cases death. 

Spray Bottle
Here are some ideas on "How To":

Tea Tree Oil
This is the best and strongest way to fight against mold. Mix about teaspoon of tea tree oil with half a cup of water. Pour the mixture in a spray bottle, shake it well for the ingredients to merge, then just spray it directly on the mold.

White Vinegar
Add a cup of vinegar to two cups of water and spray it on the mold. Be prepared, 'cause white vinegar has a massive smell and it will take hours for it to fade. But it is better than mold.

Grapefruit Seed Extract.
Very effective against mold and it will not smell on you. Mix 10 drops of the oil and a cup of water. Pour the mix in a spray bottle, shake it well and then spray the mix on the mold. 

Whichever option you pick, repeat the procedure 3 times every 48hours. If for some reason you don't succeed, try hydrogen peroxide. A bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide can also *do magic* on mold and mildew. Pour the peroxide directly on the offending area and wipe it clean. You can buy hydrogen peroxide in pharmacies.

Mold photo: wiki

No comments:

Post a Comment