Biking is conquering the nation, get yourself on the move!
Cycling is one of the most effective workouts you can ever do. It is good for the planet and it's good for your wallet. Get toned and fit - Bike On!
Okay, let's see some benefits:
- Cheap and effective way to get yourself transported from point A to point B.
- Increases your endurance-level
- Improves your circulation
- Increases your lungs and heart health
- You're working out whilst you're traveling, going shopping or to work!
- It is a "low-impact" exercise, so it is better for your joints than running or an aerobic session
- You're 'burning calories': A 60kgs person would use up an approximate 400-450 calories per hour, a person of 80kgs would use up at about 600-650 calories per hour - depends on the intensity (speed, downhill or uphill, etc) and on the current endurance level.
- Toned, lean legs, tough bum
- Decreases depression by 25% !!
- Improves your posture and balance
- You will possibly lose weight and build muscles - which is awesome :D
Okay...These were just those that came to my mind as I wrote it... Not enough? Add yours in the comments below ;) Other than that, how could you deny such benefits?
Touring bike photo by Keithonearth on wiki